- it provides information to the Visitor on cookies, trackers or similar technology used on Our Website;
- it informs the Visitor about the data processing that may be performed by Intersafe.
Processing of Personal Data
Intersafe may process the following Personal Data (non-exhaustive list):
- Contact Data including, but not limited to, Your name, address, place of residence, zip code, (mobile) phone number(s), and email address(es);
- Product-specific data including, but not limited to, data on (optical) measurements, imprints and pictures;
- Your organization, job title and description, gender, and date of birth;
- Application data including, but not limited to, Your work experience, Your education, Your CV, and other data depending on the position You are applying for;
- Banking information (for payment) (only Direct debit, no credit card).
Intersafe may also process other technical data such as URL, IP address, browser type and language(s) used, as well as the date, the time, and the duration of Your visit to Our Website.
How is Personal Data collected?
Intersafe may collect Personal Data that You provide directly to Intersafe by Yourself, for example, to enable Us to enter into an agreement with You or to provide You with information about Our products and/or services.
You also provide, for example, that data by filling out forms on the Website and on online ordering applications, responding to marketing campaigns or contests, signing up for Our newsletter(s), or applying for one of Our job openings on the Website.
Data Processing Purposes
Personal Data are processed by Intersafe for the following purposes:
– Commercial purposes:
- Entering into and performing agreements regarding the products and services provided by Intersafe
- Business relationship management
- Reply to enquiries
- Performance of contract: Order & Deliver product
– Enhancement of our solutions:
- Audience & improve our products
- Expand our customer database
- Hiring process
When a Visitor fills a contact or registration form on the Website or sends an email to Intersafe, the data sent is retained for as long as is necessary according to the nature of the form or the content of the email in order to fully answer and process it.
Furthermore, Intersafe analyzes Your behavior on the Website in order to improve the Website and tailor the offer of products and services to Your preferences.
Data subject’s rights
With respect to your Personal Data processed by Intersafe, as a data subject, You have a number of rights, including a right to information and access, rectification, a right to object or to restriction of processing and a right to erasure (right to be forgotten). If You wish to exercise (one of) these rights, please se
Dend an email to email@example.com, stating the right You want to exercise in the subject line. Intersafe will respond to Your request within thirty (30) days. If Intersafe does not grant Your request, Intersafe will explain why and inform You about the reasons.
If You disagree with how Your request has been handled or how Intersafe processes your Personal Data, You can file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (P.O. Box 93374, 2509 AJ The Hague, The Netherlands) or the national Data Protection Authority of Your residence country.
Geographical limitation of traffic
Intersafe only stores in and transfers Your personal data to countries that are part of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) and in countries that provide appropriate data protection as required by the European Commission in that territory.
If processing includes a transfer of Your personal data to a suppliers (including a Cloud provider supplier) established third country (i.e., outside the EEA) which does not provide sufficient protection, Intersafe will only proceed with the transfer according to the following provisions:
- The Standard Contractual Clauses (or “SCC”) as approved by the European Commission (Decision (EU) 2021/914 of 4 June 2021 on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council or any subsequent version).
- Binding Corporate Rules (or “BCR”) if the concerned parties have accepted the European Binding Corporate Rules governing the processing of personal data by third parties.
- Any other adequacy mechanism officially recognized by the applicable privacy protection legislation that guarantees an adequate level of protection of personal data.
Both Intersafe and its third parties will only process the personal data in jurisdictions where the applicable data protection legislation applies. These jurisdictions include: the EEA countries and the third countries recognized by the European Commission as providing a sufficient level of data protection (for further information see European Commission website).
Click behavior and visit data
When the Visitor uses (the order options on) the Website, certain data are digitally stored and processed by Intersafe, including the Visitor’s search, click, and order behavior. Intersafe may also use the Visitor’s Personal Data for the following purposes: (1) to contact the Visitor, (2) to improve the delivery of products, services, and information to the Visitor (e.g., market research), (3) to administer the sales of products in an orderly manner, (4) to inform the Visitor about products or services that may be of interest to the Visitor (provided that the Visitor has given its consent to Intersafe to do so), (5) to settle any disputes. These data will not be transferred to third parties without the Visitor’s prior consent.
How we secure your data
We take both technical and organizational measures to secure the personal data We process. So that, for example, these data are not accidentally or unlawfully destructed, lost, altered or disclosed, between others. We do this according to the applicable legal requirements and guidelines. An example of a technical measure is that Your data are encrypted during transmission. Only Intersafe authorized employees may view Your data, and they only have access to Your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their duties.
How long do we keep your data?
We do not keep Your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which We process it. However, sometimes We are required to keep Your data longer.
The current data retention periods applied are the following:
|Type of record
|Minimum retention period
|Minimum duration of the company + 7 years
|Minimum duration of the company + 7 years
|Records of a dissolved company
|Profit and loss accounts
|Tax / VAT records
|Real estate records
|5 years following the termination date
|Documents concerning pension schemes
|Data of rejected job applicants
|4 weeks after ending job application procedure
|Data concerning a temporary worker
|2 years following the termination date
|Data regarding chemicals and environmentally dangerous substances
|Depends on the permit
|Quality indicators for the transfer of gas (TSO)
|Technical compliance and DOC for construction products. All PPE related items are subject to 10 years retention based on REGULATION (EU) 2016/425 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 9 March 2016 on personal protective equipment and repealing Council Directive 89/686/EEC – Chapter 2 Article 13 – See https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32016R0425
|Purchasing records (delivery, acquisitions, import, export, ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, procurement and sales administration)
|Intellectual property records
|No specific retention period
|Contracts, agreements and other arrangements
|7 years after the document has lost its actual value
|Confidentiality agreements and non-competition agreements (with a penalty)
|Legal files concerning the provision of services (lawyers, accountants, etc.)
|7 years after the document has lost its value
|Personal data excluding cookies
|No longer than necessary for achieving the purposes for which the data were collected. Not shorter than statutory minimum retention period