- the seriousness of the hazard, the duration and frequency of exposure;
- environmental characteristics;
- the user’s contribution;
- matching the various types of ppe if they are to be worn simultaneously;
- possible uses and quality requirements for the item of ppe;
- possible users and the level of protection that can be achieved with the ppe.
A good health and safety policy starts with a systematic survey of potential risks to your employees welfare, health and safety.
To ensure the safety of employees, employers are required to identify and evaluate the dangers of work. The Risk Inventory and -Evaluation (RI&E) describes the processes and activities within the organization.
To get a picture of the risks which belong to a specific task or activity, a task risk analysis (tra) is performed.
Risk identification is a specialized skill. A true speciality.